Tax Certificates are legal documents from the Municipal District of Taber indicating the financial status of taxes for a particular property. These are typically used by lawyers and banking institutions as a confirmation of tax balances; however, these are also available to the landowners of the property.
To request a Tax Certificate, please download the Tax Request Form and submit a request either by:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to 403-223-1799
- Mail to 4900B - 50th Street, Taber, AB T1G 1T2
- In-person at 4900B - 50th Street, Taber, Alberta
When submitting your tax certificate request, please include the following:
- Contact information, including name and phone number
- Legal land locations for all properties being requested
- File reference number (if applicable)
- Fee Payment
All Certificates are emailed upon completion and then mailed.
Please note: fees must be received before the Tax Certificates can be processed. Tax Certificates can be paid online or by cheque. Tax Certificates are $40.00 per titled parcel as outlined in our current fees. If you are a registered landowner on title for the property, the tax certificates and other tax information is available to you at no charge.
The MD of Taber strives to achieve no more than a 24-hour turnaround once payment has been received.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm