The MD of Taber Bursary Program was created to further one’s learning in the area of agriculture and the agri-food industry. To help students get off on the right foot, 4 annual $500 bursaries are awarded one-time-only to anyone pursuing secondary or furthered learning at a recognized secondary educational institute. Preference will be given to students enrolled in programs that will lead to employment within the field of agriculture. View the MD of Taber Bursary Policy here.
Apply using the online form below, or print and mail your application with a copy of your high school transcripts and proof of university/college acceptance to:
Municipal District of Taber
4900B – 50th Street
Taber, Alberta T1G 1T2
The deadline for applying is August 31st of each year.
Find other scholarships available on the Association of Alberta Agricultural Fieldmen website.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Municipal District of Taber will award a maximum of four (4) - $500.00 bursaries annually. The following conditions apply:
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in programs that will lead to employment within the field of agriculture. If more than four (4) eligible applications are received the four (4) judged to be the most applicable to agriculture will be awarded a bursary.
- Must be registered to attend a full-time program at a recognized secondary educational institute.
- Must be a resident within the geographic boundaries of the Municipal District of Taber prior to enrollment in college or university to be eligible for a bursary.
- The bursary will be awarded only once per individual.
- Applications will be accepted starting August 1st and closing on August 31st of the current year. Applications will be submitted online.
- Proof of enrollment with your desired program will need to be provided in a PDF Format to be considered complete.
All applications for bursaries are to be considered at the soonest available meeting, either at the Agricultural Service Board meeting or a regular Council Meeting (whichever comes first in September).