A community based on the principles of openness, trust and integrity, social and cultural vitality and economic and environmental sustainability.
To provide excellence in governance and service that will promote a safe, healthy, diverse and dynamic rural community.
We commit to the following core values in every aspect of governance, oversight and operations.
- We are approachable and build positive relationships.
- We consider other opinions and perspectives and support one another.
- We are professional and accountable for our behaviour, actions and decisions.
- We perform our roles ethically and in compliance with our policies, bylaws and the law.
- We provide honest, factual, relevant and timely information to enable informed decisions.
- We encourage participation and feedback while carefully considering its application.
- We communicate decisions, supporting information and purposes.
- To provide good government.
- To provide fair, effective and transparent governance.
- To provide services, facilities or other things that in the opinion of Council, are necessary or desirable for all or part of the municipality.
- To develop and maintain a safe and viable rural community.
- To work collaboratively with neighbouring municipalities to plan, deliver and fund inter-municipal services.
This Strategic Plan identifies our key strategic priorities over a 3-year period from 2022-2025. The Strategic Plan is updated annually as part of our budget process.