The Municipal District of Taber extends grant funding to support non-profit community organizations in delivering recreational services to MD residents, as well as covering general operating and capital expenses associated with the construction and enhancement of recreational facilities and community halls within the region.
Furthermore, the MD of Taber lends assistance to community organizations and projects structured across distinct categories that mirror the varied needs of the MD's communities.
The allocation of Community Recreation Funding adheres to the MD's Operational Grants for Recreation Boards, Towns and Villages Policy. Annually, during the interim and final budgetary processes, the Municipal District of Taber allocates recreation operating funds for Municipal Recreation Boards, Towns, and Villages engaged in providing municipal recreation services and community programs.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Available funding is based on the following priorities:
- Operation and maintenance of existing facilities
- Existing recreation / cultural programs
- Intent to access matching grants
- New recreation / cultural programs
The Municipal District of Taber is committed to supporting the outlined policy through an annual budget allocation, determining the financial resources available for granting purposes. The criteria for grant funding are as follows:
- In recognition of the fact that there are few recreation facilities in the Hamlets of Enchant, Hays and Grassy Lake, and the communities are active in terms of recreation programs with approximately 40% of the total Municipal District population $15,000 annually will be allocated to each of the Enchant & Hays Hamlet Recreation Boards and $25,000 annually will be allocated to the Grassy Lake Hamlet Recreation Board, to secure additional funding under this operating grant.
- Facilities located within the Town of Taber will be included in the calculation of funding for the Town of Taber.
- Facilities located within the Town of Vauxhall will be included in the calculation of funding for the Town of Vauxhall.
- Facilities located within the Village of Barnwell will be included in the calculation of funding for the Village of Barnwell.
Facilities and organizations must apply annually in the spring to be eligible.
- Deadline is April 30th
Applications for both operational and capital funding are to be accompanied by the following information within the funding request:
- Recreation Boards, Towns, and Villages are required to submit a list of facilities and a financial statement by April 30th to the Municipal District of Taber for the purpose of securing grant funding.
- Each Recreation Board, Town, and Village retains complete discretion regarding the distribution of the allocated funds.
- For eligibility to receive points, facilities must have been active in the past year.
Grant funding distribution will be based on a point system. The following points will be assigned to each facility:
|Arena (artificial ice)||12,000|
|Arena (natural ice)||1,200|
|Outdoor or non-regulation-size artificial ice rink with heated change rooms, ice cleaning equipment, etc.||1,200|
|Curling Rink (artificial ice)||1,750 per sheet|
|Curling Rink (natural ice)||500 per sheet|
|Community Hall (Primary)||2,000|
|Community Hall (Secondary/Minor Use)||1,000|
|Campgrounds up to 14 stalls||400|
|Campgrounds with 15 or more stalls||1,000|
|Campgrounds that come with a boat dock or beach regardless of the number of stalls||1,000|
|Swimming Pool (indoor)||12,000|
|Swimming Pool (outdoor)||3,000|
|Water Spray Park||200|
|Agriculture Exhibition Building||1,500|
|Golf Course (grass greens)||1,200|
|Golf Course/Chip & Putt (sand greens)||700|
|Picnic Ground (no camp stalls)||100|
|Camp Shelter (not located in a campground)||100|
|Community Fitness Centre/Gymnasium||200|
Council will review and evaluate each application by using the points system. If the application meets all requirements, Council will approve operational grant funding for Recreation Boards, Towns and Villages by resolution.