The Municipal District of Taber has contracted professional planning services with the Oldman River Regional Services Commission (ORRSC). All subdivision applications are processed at the ORRSC office located in Lethbridge. MD of Taber staff members are available to assist in the initial preparation of your subdivision application at the main office located at 4900B-50th Street in Taber.
Subdivision Application & Process
To apply for a subdivision, the ORRSC will require:
- Application Fee (non-refundable) – Fees are payable to the Oldman River Regional Services Commission (ORRSC) and are non-refundable. Fees may be paid by debit, cash, cheque or e-Transfer to email@example.com. Click here to view current fees.
- Application Form – A completed application form signed by either the registered owner of the land or the person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Current Copy of the Certificate of Title – A current copy of the Certificate(s) of Title of the lands that are the subject of the application. The title(s) must be dated no more than 30 days prior to the application submission. If you are proposing to consolidate land, please include title(s) to all of the lands involved.
- Sketch of the Proposed Subdivision – An accurate and legible sketch (drawn to scale) that shows the location, dimensions and boundaries of the proposed parcel in relation to the lands that are the subject of the subdivision and all the requirements identified in the enclosed Subdivision Sketch Checklist. The sketch shall include dimensions from all buildings and structures (including private septic systems) to existing and proposed property lines. Sketches without dimensions will not be accepted.
- Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Abandoned Well Information – If an abandoned well is found to be present on the parcel that is the subject of the application (subject parcel), a drawing prepared by an Alberta Land Surveyor that illustrates the actual well location on the subject parcel as identified in the field and the setback established in the ERCB/AER Directive 079 in relation to existing or proposed building sites will be required. This information can be obtained from the AER’s Abandoned Well Viewer (www.aer.ca) or by contacting the AER Customer Contact Centre by telephone (1-855-297-8311) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Completed applications are then sent back to the municipality for consideration of approval by the Subdivision and Development Authority.
For more information on the subdivision process and to help prepare you before the subdivision, visit the ORRSC website.
|Call ORRSC at 403-329-1344|