Join our ranks and write your next chapter.
It all starts here.
The path to becoming a Volunteer Firefighter with the Municipal District of Taber Regional Fire Services (MDTRFS) is challenging, yet truly rewarding. It is a path that leads to new skills, unique experiences, unshakeable bonds with your team members, and the privilege of giving back to the community in one of the most meaningful ways possible.
Volunteering with MDTRFS is a great way to support the community or even prepare for a paid career in the fire and rescue service. The prerequisites for joining are that you enjoy teamwork, you are responsible, and you are available to serve in a dynamic and often intense atmosphere.
If you have ever thought about becoming a firefighter, or just helping in the community now is your chance to make it happen.
MDTRFS is seeking motivated and committed individuals (both men and women) who:
- Are available to respond to calls 24 hours a day under stressful and often emotional conditions.
- Give back to the community through their desire to help people in need.
- Face new challenges with courage and dedication.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills including Standard First Aid, CPR, and Firefighter certifications.
- Reside or work within proximity of your local fire station.
- Must be able to attend meetings and training courses.
- Are physically fit.
- Have a clean criminal record and driver's abstract.
- Develop a strong sense of accomplishment and passion for their responsibilities within the community.
Apply online or visit your local station today and pick up an application located at the main entrance.