Vaccines available for all Albertans 5+
COVID-19 vaccines help prevent you from getting infected and protect you from getting severely sick if you do get the virus. All vaccines are safe, effective and save lives. (Alberta.ca)
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, or to book your appointment visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx
Provincial public health measures
Prevent the spread
The Government of Alberta recommends the following steps you can take to protect yourself and others:
- practice physical distancing and wear a mask in public
- practice good hygiene: wash hands often for at least 20 seconds, use hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching face
- monitor for symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment to access testing
For more information on what you can do to prevent the spread, visit: https://www.alberta.ca/prevent-the-spread.aspx
Alberta's vaccination program is led by the provincial government. COVID-19 vaccines help prevent you from getting infected and protect you from getting severely sick if you do get it. All vaccines are safe, effective and save lives.
For more information or to book an appointment click the link: COVID-19 vaccine
- If you are an isolated senior or have mobility issues and need assistance getting to your appointment, 211 may be able to help. Dial 2-1-1 or click the link: 211 transportation assistance
All working Albertans can access 3 hours of paid, job-protected leave to get each dose of the vaccine. For more information visit: Job-Protected Leave for Vaccination
Service Canada has resources available for Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click the links for more information:
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
The Government of Canada provided the Canada Emergency Response Benefit for working Canadians who stopped working because of COVID-19. The CERB has ended, however, Canadians can access support through Employment Insurance (EI). Click the link for more information: Transitioning from CERB to EI
Government Of Alberta Assistance
Click the link for more information on all supports available from the Government of Alberta.
Government Of Canada Assistance
Click the link for more information on all supports available from the Government of Canada.
* Support for businesses, non-profit organizations, and charities, please select the "Information for Businesses" tab below.
COVID-19 and Seasonal Agricultural Workers
For more information visit COVID-19 and Seasonal Agricultural Workers in Alberta
Working with Animals During Covid-19
View for more information:
Government of Canada Assistance for Farmers
The Government of Canada has announced support for farmers and agri-food businesses through Farm Credit Canada.
For more information visit Government of Canada Assistance for Farmers
Funding for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- Alberta Jobs Now: third intake to be announced
- The Alberta Jobs Now program will provide funding to help private and non-profit businesses support Albertans across the province to get back to work and help Alberta’s economy recover. Employers can apply for funding to offset the cost of hiring and training Albertans in new or vacant positions. The grant can be used to cover salary or training costs. Employers who hire persons with disabilities will receive a grant 1.5 times higher than the amount they receive for other new employees.
- For more information visit alberta.ca/jobsnow
- Changes to the Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG): The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is a training program where an employer applies on behalf of their present or future employees for eligible training costs. Employers decide who gets training and what type of training may be needed for their employees. Learn more about the program and apply online at alberta.ca/CAJG.
- Additional Government of Alberta Support
- Community Futures Small Business Loans: Small businesses in the MD of Taber can apply for business loans through Community Futures Chinook. Click the link for more information: Community Futures Small Business Loans
Resources For Businesses Impacted By COVID-19
- Business Link Alberta offers a one-stop shop for resources and supports including free advice and coaching. Services are available by phone, email or live chat.
- Economic Developers Alberta (EDA) has a list of resources for businesses: Economic Developers Alberta Resources List
- Alberta BizConnect has resources for businesses as well.
Alberta Network Of On-Highway Facilities & Services For Truckers
An interactive map is available on 511Alberta for truck drivers to find open restaurants, restrooms and showers on Alberta highways. Click the link to view the map: Map of Facilities and Services for Truckers
Family And Community Support Services (FCSS) - For MD of Taber Residents
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR DISABILITY SERVICE PROVIDERS
COVID-19 information for disability service providers is available on the Government of Alberta website.
Help During Tough Times - Alberta Health Services
This is a stressful time for many. Alberta Health Services has numerous resources if you need help.
Assistance For Low German Speaking Citizens
Click the link for a full list of resources: Resources in Low German
Click the link for information on how to find assistance: Help in Low German
Alberta Health Services has some great resources on staying healthy as we all practice social distancing.
Wellness Together Canada
Wellness Together Canada offers mental health and substance use support. It provides free online resources, tools, apps and connections to trained volunteers and qualified mental health professionals when needed.
Assistance With Pets
The Alberta SPCA has a program available to assist people with their pets during COVID-19. This includes pet food for those who may be experiencing financial difficulties due to the pandemic.
Important Phone Numbers
Click the link to view Alberta Health Services information: AHS COVID-19 information
Click the link to view information on wearing masks: Guidance for wearing of non-medical face masks for the general public