Hamlet Utility Services

The Municipal District of Taber provides water and wastewater services to the Hamlets of Enchant, Grassy Lake and Hays.

In addition, the Municipal District of Taber operates 3 Waste Transfer Stations and Class III Landfills for the disposal of basic household and farmyard solid waste and provides waste collection in the Hamlet of Grassy Lake.

Residents now have the option to go paperless by switching to our new e-Billing service to have utility bills sent directly to an email address.

Moving into or out of a hamlet?

Moving in

You will need to set up an account so we can provide you with water and wastewater services. To apply, make sure you know both your mailing address and service location address (house #, street name/number). 

Moving out

If you are moving out, remember to let us know so we can cancel your water and wastewater services. Please have both your mailing address and service location address (house #, street name/number) available.

Apply for water or wastewater services

You can apply for water and/or wastewater services in the Hamlets of Grassy Lake, Hays and Enchant, in one of 2 ways:

  1. Complete the online application form.
  2. In-person at the main administration office with payment of all applicable connection fees. 

To disconnect your MD of Taber water and/or wastewater services, contact us at 403-223-3541.

Change of mailing address

If you have recently changed your mailing address or would like your utility bills sent elsewhere, please let us know by calling 403-223-3541 before the next billing cycle.

Prefer to receive your bills electronically and save on paper waste? Sign up for our new e-Billing service.

Fees for water and wastewater services

Water and wastewater services rates are outlined in the MD of Taber Fees and Charges Bylaw No 1984.

Payment methods

Check your account number

The account number is linked to the property – not the owner. Especially when paying through the bank, confirm the account number you have registered with your bank matches your most recent bill before making payment via branch, ATM, online or telephone banking. To make a payment view our payment options.

Call 403-223-3541
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Terms of service

The Municipal District of Taber will provide water and sewer services provided that:

  1. The premise(s) to be serviced by water or sewer service provided to consumers within Hamlet boundaries only except by agreement with the Municipality
  2. The premise(s) to be serviced conforms to the Municipality’s bylaws
  3. The Municipality is responsible for water and sewer service provision to the property line of the consumer only
  4. The supply of water shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the MD of Taber Utility Bylaw No 1983
  5. No warranty given or implied pertaining to the quantity of water to be supplied

The consumer shall be responsible for and shall pay to the municipality, the full costs to repair any damage to a water meter or remote reading device that results from other than normal wear and tear. 

No connection may be made to the water service line between the property line and the meter.

No person shall in any manner obstruct the free access to any hydrant or valve or manhole, additionally; no person shall interfere in any manner with any hydrant or valve or manhole.

An authorized employee shall have the right of access at any reasonable time, and upon reasonable notice, to every serviced premise for the purpose of inspecting, maintaining and or repairing the water system; this shall include, but not limited to:

  1. Installing, servicing or sealing a water meter
  2. Shutting off and sealing a water line for non-payment
Manager of Public Works and Infrastructure
Manager of Public Works and Infrastructure